Afghan Association for Physical Therapy
Approved by AAPT General Assembly: 25- Dec 2014
Presented to EC: 23 Dec 2014
Presented to Admin Committee: ?? Dec 2014
Next Evaluation and updating: AAPT Annual Meeting 2016
Purpose and scoop:
- To coordinate and integrate regional activities in order to improve AAPT operations.
- To ensure updating of current activities, special requirements and problems in center and regions.
- To ensure continuity in activity improvement.
- To foster communication among staff and members.
- To ensure quality and timely operations
- To ensure share decision making.
- AAPT shall adopt a policy on AC and EC meeting.
- All AC and EC members are expected to attend their respective meeting.
- An attendance sheet will be prepared by secretary and provided at every meeting to be signed by the members.
- Any members of EC who have been absent for more than two meetings in succession is considered to be resigned from the EC.
- Any members of AC who have been absent for more than 6 meetings in succession is considered to be resigned from the AC.
- Member of EC or AC who was absent from the meeting has to automatically accept all decisions made by the meeting.
- At least each member should attend annual meeting once in three year.
- Member who cannot attend the meeting is expected to inform either by phone, SMS, email or personally to the secretary at least three days prior to the meeting.
- Minimum of 75% of members shall be mandatory to hold the meeting. Failure to achieve this will result in automatic cancelation of meeting.
Frequency of Meeting
- The executive committee must meet at least once a quarter in AAPT office or in regions
- Admin committee must meet at least once a month in AAPT office.
- The dates of meetings will be selected by admin committee.
- It is strongly encouraged that all members attend each meeting, but in exceptional circumstances, there can be a minimum of ten members of EC and three AC members.
- Annual meeting held once a year in last quarter of each year.
- AC meeting notification will be sent out by secretary three days in advance. Urgent meetings could be notified one day in advance.
- EC meeting notification will be sent out by secretary 20 days in advance. Urgent meetings could be notified 5 days in advance.
- Meeting notifications will be announced through AAPT website by secretary.
- Secretary will organize the meeting room prior to the meeting.
- Secretary will collect meeting agendas and disseminate it after being finalized by president.
- Secretary will attend every meeting to record minutes and file the minutes.
- Secretary will disseminate the meeting minutes within three day of the meetings.
- All the meeting notifications must clearly identify the venue, date and time of the meeting.
- Members must send agenda to the secretary at the latest for AC one day and for EC 5 days before meeting.
- Secretary will prepare meeting minutes and get it signed by participants.
- All member should ensure confidentiality of the meetings.
Chair of Meetings
- AC and EC meeting will be chaired by AAPT president.
- In absence of president vice president will be chair the meetings
- A folder will be maintained by the secretary which will contain the followings:
- Meeting notifications.
- Meeting agenda.
- Minutes(signed by secretary, president and participants)
- Participant’s attendance sheet.